Re: NVDA 2017.1 is out!

Quentin Christensen

Hi Chris,

We aim to release four major updates to NVDA each year - regardless of what Microsoft are up to.  We are aware of the upcoming "creators update" to Windows 10.  Much of what will be in that update is already trickling through in the regular "Windows insider" builds, which we receive and base many fixes and changes on.  Several of the changes in NVDA 2017.1 relate directly to features which are due for release in the Creators Build of Windows 10.  At this stage, we are confident that you should have as good an experience as we can bring you, even if you get the creators update for Windows 10 as soon as it comes out.

I put some more info on our development lifecycle in last week's "In-Process" if you are interested, which you can find here: https://www.nvaccess.org/category/in-process/

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 8:54 PM, Chris <chrismedley@...> wrote:

It seems a bit of a  pointless exercise for a nother nvda release when just when the next major upgrade to windows 10 is just around the corner

Why not wait till then?

I predict we will see  another nvda release just after that

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

www.nvaccess.org