Quack-Quack... These things happen!!! lol
Ciao,
Duck

Il 26/03/2016 15:07, Lino Morales ha scritto:
I agree Duck. I've been asking off and on like and no replies.

On 3/26/2016 10:02 AM, Mallard wrote:
...And Cobra, just like Jaws, has been around for quite a while.
Threfore, I suppose, NVDA should be able to face this issue and solve it too.

I really find it strange (and disappointing) that, in spite of my bringing this up a few times, at different moments, nobody ever gave a REAL reply.
I hope that now, with a few more people complaining about this issue, it will be taken seriously and tackled once and for all.

Ciao,
Ollie

Il 26/03/2016 13:20, Davy Cuppens ha scritto:
Gene
Cobra is the screen reader from www.baum.de <http://www.baum.de> a German company for assistive technologies for the blind.
Regards
Davy
*From:* Gene <mailto:gsasner@ripco.com>
*Sent:* Friday, March 25, 2016 8:24 PM
*To:* nvda@groups.io <mailto:nvda@groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] prevent pages from refreshing
I don't know what Cobra is. I can say that in Firefox, there is a setting to stop the browser from refreshing. I don't know what effect the setting has on structures such as carousels. Nor do I know if what is going on has the same or a similar cause because I don't know what is being described as refreshing in today's message.
If you use firefox, in the main window, press alt, then press t, wait a moment then o.
Tab once after waiting a moment.
down arrow to advanced.
If you get stuck partway down the list, up arrow then continue down again to get you unstuck.
Once you get to advanced, start tabbing. You will see a check box about notifying you if Firefox is being redirected or refreshing a page. That isn't the exact wording but it's there and my description should allow you to kno it. Check the check box. There is no ok button. Continue using firefox now. Or close it if you wish.
You may find that you get one such message when a page wants to do something and nothing more during that session of working on the page. You don't have to worry about closing such messages. They don't block anything and will be replaced automaticaally with future messages.
As far as commercial screen-readers are concerned, while they have features to stop refreshes, I don't know if they work in all cases.
I have found times in the past when the JAWS feature didn't work when confronted by some kinds of page refreshes.