From: Kevin Chao [mailto:kevinchao89@...]
Sent: 26 March 2016 19:25
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Chrome Settings

Settings, about, version, etc. are all accessible with NVDA 2016.1 for me

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 12:19 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

I seem to recall being able to use quick navigation keys awhile ago.  This may be just one more regression in the Chrome interface because, as I said, I couldn't use them recently.  that was with the same older version of NVDA.

I also found, recently, that much of the about text was no longer accessible.

It looks as though you will have to move through everything item by item, thanks to Chrome's obsession with upgrading the browser frenetically and not having perhaps the time or perhaps the staff to check to see if they have damaged or broken accessibility.  As I recall, I used to be able to use the search feature in NVDA so I could move very quickly to something I already knew was on the page.  I couldn't the last time I tried.  .

Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 2:00 PM

Could you confirm the Crome version on that?  I’m using Chrome version 49.0.2623.87 and when I load the Settings, NVDA lands me in a Search edit box and even though i have got automatic focus  mode for focus changes and Caret movement checked in the NVDA Browse settings, focus and browse modes do not engage and if invoked manually via NVDA+spacebar, Quick nav keys such as h and d will still not work.

I’ve loaded Chrome Canary and the quick keys work fine on the settings page.  It’s driving me mad.

Cheers

Chris