Re: prevent pages from refreshing

Patrick Le Baudour

Ah... looks like it's not the page that's 'refreshing' every time, it's part of the content that's changed. Since some of those changes can be needed on the same site (like adding somethingh to the cart feedback), it would probably mean trying to stop timer events. Not sure how hard that'd be, but probably all but trivial.

-- Patrick

Le 26/03/2016 21:47, Kevin Chao a écrit :
http://shouldiuseacarousel.com
On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 1:43 PM Mallard <mallard@...
<mailto:mallard@...>> wrote:

Now then,

The issue exists, because there are forums discussing it for devs. They
call the thing "Carousels" or "slideshows", or something else that I
can't remember now.

I provided an example of a site

www.esselungaacasa.it <http://www.esselungaacasa.it>

But I'm afraid you ahve to log in with username and password to see that
particular area of the sit.
Actually, "that particular area" is supposed to be in the Accessible
section of the site, and it's the whole Supermarket area...

Firefox 45.0.1, Latest NvDA Next Snapshot, Espeak, Freedom Scientific's
pm 40 3.70 braille display.
Ollie

<@menschomat <mailto:@menschomat>>

<gsasner@... <mailto:gsasner@...>>:

>> > Are you referring to the setting concerning metarefresh in
Internet
>> > Explorer?
>>
>> That's the option. But it is pretty cumbersome to activate and
>> deactivate
>> this option anytime you came across such a site.
>> In Cobra you simply press letter s to freeze the site, and
simply
>> press
>> letter s again to set it free again.
>> And of course it is no solution to keep the metarefresh option
>> deactivated,
>> because if so some sites don't work properly; i. e. you
can't log