Re: NVDA2016.1 doesn't read Emoticons with Vocalizer nor

Gene

Saving settings on exit isn't necessarily a good idea.  You may change one or more settings to accomplish a specific task or to try a different voice and you may intend them to be experimental.  There is such a thing as too much automation.  I believe that making permanent changes in a program should be intentional, not automatic.  And you can save settings very easily.  You don't even have to use the menus.  Simply issue the command control alt c if you want to permanently save settings.

Sent: Friday, March 04, 2016 10:27 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA2016.1 doesn't read Emoticons with Vocalizer nor

To make doubly sure you've saved all your settings, it's an idea to go to the NVDA menu as soon as you've changed settings and choose Save Configuration. Also, go to the NVDA menu, Preferences, General Settings, and make sure "Save configuration on exit" is checked.

We're all learning, so no need to make out you're dumb!

Vince in England.

Message Received: Mar 04 2016, 03:49 PM
From: "Gerardo Corripio"
To: nvda@groups.io

Thanks a lot! No wonder! now these read great! but now I wonder does
the NVDA+e option stay activate even though I exit NVDA? I'm just
starting with NVDA after using Jaws almost 16 years so sorry if these
questions sound like weird?

--
Enviado desde mi lap