From: "Kevin Cussick via Groups.io" <the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 9:04 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Suggestion for upcoming NVDA build

so create a ticket it might happen!

On 26/03/2016 13:03, Alexander Masic wrote:
Personaly i think it could be an good idea. I think many like me often
forgot to check for updates even for snapshot, so at least some kind of
notification would be apresiated.

Den 2016-03-26 kl. 13:54, skrev Kevin Cussick via Groups.io:
no this is not a good idea, a newbey might try this feature that you
want and download a snap and it might have problems then threw word of
mouth nvda gets a bad reputation, this was asked for some years ago
and the devs gave this explanation of why it was a bad idea I agree
with them.

On 26/03/2016 03:51, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
I was just thinking how cool of a feature this would be, and I'd not
think it would be terribly hard either to implement.
How hard would it be from the official build, like in this case, 2016.1,
to put an option in the NVDA menu, maybe under Tools, that automatically
like downloading updates would let the user download and install the
latest snapshot build rather than them having to go out to the web site
and manually get it. Either that, or maybe under the General tab of
preferences, where you have the box to check or uncheck for checking for
updates, maybe have another one that says download snapshot builds when
updating.
What do you all think?
---
Christopher Gilland