From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New
Zealand
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 1:44 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Web Browser Problem

Hi Louis

I had some thing similar a while ago. it happened in mozilla thunder bird as
well as in mozilla fire fox.

When you went into mozilla fire fox even if you tabbed tried using arrow
keys single letter navigation keys etc it would also say unknown. Plus
the menus up the top would not work.

usually if the menus did not show you could use the f11 key to bring
them back but not in this case. So would get unknown in both programs.

it seemed some how some settings in mozilla fire fox had got corrupted

I can not remember if it happened in other programs i think they were
the only ones.

The way i was able to fix it was

I uninstalled mozilla fire fox from the add/remove programs section in
windows it might be called some thing else in other versions of windows.
it can be found under the control panel section.

When it has been done then Press the windows key + letter R to bring up
the run dialogue, then type in the following %appdata% then press the
enter key.

it will give you a list of folders and you will need to find the one for
mozilla

it will need to be deleted all together.

.

please note it will delete all of your settings then reinstall mozilla
fire fox, it then fixed the problem.

I also did the same as you did with nvda i uninstalled it from add
remove section and also did the other by pressing the Windows key +
letter R then typing in %appdata% then pressing the enter key, locating
the nvda folder and deleting it out then reinstalling nvda.
it was not NVDA that caused it but the other mozilla setting that i removed.

All has been good for months.

it may or may not be the same problem.

I thought about putting how to do this up on my website under the
trouble shooting section for nvda but only have heard it happen now and
again.

Gene nz

On 24/02/2017 7:48 AM, Louis Maher wrote:
Folks,

Several weeks ago, my NVDA (version 16.4) was unable to access Firefox
(51.?). When I opened a webpage, the arrow keys just said unknown when I
used them. I uninstalled NVDA and Firefox and re-installed both. I am
now
on NVDA 17.1), and I have the same issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838
E-mail: ljmaher@swbell.net

--
<b>Check out the new location of my accessibility central website for NVDA
tutorials, NVDA road tested programs, and other eyesight related topics.