From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 4:44 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Web Browser Problem

Hi Louis,

Someone else reported a similar thing and noted the solution for them was to alt+tab away from Firefox and back.  It's not an ideal solution obviously, but I'd be curious to see if that helped.  That issue is: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/5550

There's another bug for a similar thing, saying "unknown" after reading the page title.  Often (in the case of this user), waiting a moment after that, NVDA would go on to read the page: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/4882

Finally, another problem that can cause this if it's happening in all browsers, is it could be a system component.  This thread has a number of ideas: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/2807

Finally, if you could get the log file to send to me that might help too.  Info on the log file available here: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/wiki/LogFilesAndCrashDumps

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 5:48 AM, Louis Maher <ljmaher@...> wrote:

Folks,

Several weeks ago, my NVDA (version 16.4) was unable to access Firefox
(51.?).  When I opened a webpage, the arrow keys just said unknown when I
used them.  I uninstalled NVDA and Firefox and re-installed both.  I am now
on NVDA 17.1), and I have the same issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838