From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@nvaccess.org>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2017 1:54 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Web Browser Problem

Hi Arlene,

WINDOWS+B is a Windows command itself, not an NVDA command.

If you open the taskbar settings (easiest way is to open the start menu and
start typing "taskbar"), then "Select which icons appear on the taskbar",
make sure that "always show all icons in the notification area" is checked
then it will ensure that you don't need to look in the notification
overflow area to find some.

I think providing access to all notification tray icons even without that
setting is the main extra thing that the Jaws setting does?

That being the case, we didn't want to use up a command to duplicate
something which could already be achieved with an existing command. As for
why Windows chose WINDOWS+B to get to the notification area, I have never
figured that out.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 12:33 PM, Arlene <nedster66@gmail.com> wrote:

Oh, okay! Happy learning! NVDA is good. I use both.Jaws and NVDA. Here's
more if you want to know. If you want to go to your system ttrey. With NVDA
It's windows B. Don't ask me why that is. I wished like Jaws it's insert
11