Re: Contact

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

It's likely the window that had the browser with the captcha was simply hidden by another window.  I get this all the time when I ask for sighted assistance with something.  Often times, the front window that we're working in with the screen reader is not the front window on the actual screen as it should be.  This leads to windows covering parts of the screen, and sometimes, other windows covering the whole window in which I'm working.  If you maximize the current application screen (not sure, but think the keystroke is alt-enter), it will then place the current window on top of all other windows, and sighted folks will be able to see what it is you're workin on, and then can be helpful.  It's hard for them to help if they can't find the application you're in.  The more programs you have open, the more likely you are to have this issue.  It's perfectly normal, and the only thing you can do is to either allow the sighted person to find the program using the mouse, or (as I said) maximize the screen.  I've not really found any other solution, as even alt-tabbing through the programs doesn't always highlight the active program for sighted folks.  (well, more precisely, it does highlight the window, but again, it's being covered by something else, sot hey don't see it).

On 2/24/2017 9:15 AM, Gene wrote:
At this point, it isn't clear what, if anything, was seen.  the message at one point states, there was nothing on the screen.  What does that mean--Nothing at all?   The message also states that even removing NVDA didn't cause the form to be seen.  The first thing to do is to find out from a sighted person if infrmation is displayed on screen in general.  We don't know yet but I'm rather suspicious that this problem has nothing to do with NVDA.

Sent: Friday, February 24, 2017 8:00 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Contact

Could have been colouring issues, font-sizing issues, or else maybe even
webpage/browser hovering off screen's display area?

As in, fir st thing would be to maximise window, just in case, and, then
either try selecting some text in browser window, or maybe even route
mouse cursor to current navigator object, using NVDA + numpad  / since
sighted person can then try moving mouse around to try find it on
screen, etc.?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2017-02-24 15:01, Ibrahim Ajayi wrote:
> Hi good people:
> I'm having a problem with my system.  I filled out a form some hours
> ago, and the form required the typing of a captcha.  When I asked for
> sighted assistance, I was told that the form I filled couldn't be
> found on the screen.  But then the screen reader was still reading it
> to me.  I was told that there was nothing on the screen,.  I even
> switched off the screen reader, but I was still told that the form
> didn't appear on the screen.  But the screen reader read the form, and
> I filled it out.
> Has anyone ever encountered this problem before? if so, what is the solution.
> Looking forward to reading from you lovely people.
> I am Ibrahim from Nigeria.

Avast logo