Sent: Friday, February 24, 2017 11:16 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Cell reporting in the Document formatting menu

The window is maximized. In the status line, I'm not able to hear the cell reporting. It reports the page number and the number of words. It also reports the current language. I've also tried by hitting NVDA and B to have everything read for me. It reads all, including what the status line presents. Is there an option in Word to be turned on so that the cells in a line may be shown? How can I turn on that option, so that the review does not follow the cursor?

On 2/24/2017 5:32 PM, Gene wrote:
It would be a good idea to have this feature available but you may be doing extra work to find the information now.  the read status line command may read such information in Jarte and Ted.  Have you tried it in Word?

In Microsoft Word, is the window maximized?  I don't know if it matters but Word used to have a status line.  I don't know what newer versions do.  As far as hearing such information read using screen review, are you familiar with the option in NVDA to not have the review follow the cursor?  You could turn on this option, then move to the bottom of the screen with review commands and find the place where you want to hear the information on the bottom line,  If you leave the review cursor there, it will read the number any time you use numpad 5 for read current character.  You can move around the document with the application cursor and never disturb the review position.

Also, the command shift numpad 9 moves the review position to the end of the bottom line on screen.  This saves you the trouble of moving to it initially.

Sent: Friday, February 24, 2017 10:20 AM

Hi to all,

It would be extremely great to have column numbers reported in a text
processor when one does the left/right arrowing in a line.

Let me explain myself in some more detail.

Let's open a Word document, and type NVDA.

With the feature from the message subject, and with the left/right
arrowing, it would be possible for one to find out that the letter A is
placed at the forth column.

NVDA may be programmed to pronounce it as:

A: Column 4.

V: Column 2.

D: Column 3.

N: Column 1.

Spaces are not supposed to be eliminated.

It would be also great for those working with written forms.

It is possible for me to handle it in Jarte and Ted Notepad.

After I've written something, and positioned my left and/or right arrows
on a letter and/or a space, I switch NVDA to the screen review mode, hit
the NVDA modifier key, and then arrow down to the very bottom, so that I
can hear the column number spoken. I cannot find it in Word 2007.

That's why I say that the very feature would be great when added to the
Document formatting menu.

Many of us would automatically stop counting and re-counting columns in
lines while arranging our written forms in the best way possible.