From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 10:29 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Questions and suggestions

That isn't the reason and that argument is irrelevant.  The system tray wasn't accessible years ago through Windows.  There needed to be a screen-reader dialog to provide access.  That's how the whole separate access got started and System Access uses the same command.  Window-eyes uses a different command but it too provides a system tray dialog.

There are times, like it or not, when the dialog works better than using the Windows access method and it should be provided as a part of screen-readers.

Sometimes, I get access to something using the Windows method when the dialog doesn't work properly and at other times, I have found the only way I've gotten access to an item is by using the dialog.  These instances where one or the other method doesn't work are rare but the argument that the screen-reader dialog method is nothing but duplication is not correct.
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 10:21 PM

Because NVDA is not jaws, and there's no reason to make it mirror jaws keystrokes.  The windows-b keystroke will work no matter what you use for a screen reader, since it's a windows command.  That's why NVDA uses it.  There is no dedicated NVDA keystroke for this function.

On 2/23/2017 8:36 PM, Arlene wrote:

Hi, I don’t know if I can say here! When you go to your system trey. Why not make future builds of NVDA be insert F 11? Instead of windows B.