Re: Google Chrome Settings

Kevin Chao

Type following in Omnibar for version number: chrome://version

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 4:49 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
My previous version was 49x it may have been something like 49.9 and perhaps a few more numbers.  I had the same inability to use quick navigation keys in that version.  My program updated today when I was trying to get my version information.  I couldn't get it properly because such trivial information is no longer visible to screen-readers, at least not the two I tested with, an older version of NVDA and an older version of JAWS.  I didn't test with a newer version of NVDA but I doubt it matters.  Whatever the newest general release version is, that should be the one I have.

But don't worry.  Evidently, things work properly in Canary so one of these days, they will probably work properly one or two versions from now.  Then everything will be wonderful again until the developers break something else, may be six or eight months from now.

I'm sorry, but I have no patience for companies that profess a strong commitment to accessibility repeatedly and then don't examine their browser to make sure they don't break things.  And to make matters worse, you don't have any control over updates.  You can't turn off updates.

Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Chrome Settings

Hi Gene

Yes, it’s the standard Chrome release that is causing me greif.  I’m using 2016.1 on version 49 of Chrome.  NVDA version 2015.4 worked fine with Chrome version 48, so it would be helpful if you could confirm your Chrome and NVDA versions and whether quick nav keys work in the settings page for you.

Cheers

Chris