Re: New windows not always detected

Gene

I've seen this but there is no reason to assume that focus has properly shifted in Windows,  Presssing tab may cause some event to occur that finishes the focus change.  I doubt this is an NVDA problem but whether it is or not, this can be tested by using another screen-reader to test with such as a JAWS demo.

Also, those knowledgeable in reading the NVDA log may be able to determine if this is an NVDA problem by reading the log.  But the fact that the problem occurs in very few programs makes me somewhat skeptical that it is an NVDA problem.

From: Felix G.
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2017 1:51 AM
Subject: [nvda] New windows not always detected

Hello,
I'd like to ask if anyone else has encountered the following:
When launching an application, for example by hitting enter on Mozilla Firefox on the desktop, NVDA sometimes fails to detect there is a new active window. It will not automatically say anything, and pressing NVDA+t will still yield "Explorer" as if the desktop still had focus. However, pressing tab clearly shows that Firefox had focus because it performs the expected action of jumping, for example, out of the address field and into the search field.
For an experiment I gave it a full five minutes to see if it just takes an awful lot of time, but no luck. So, window activation events seem under certain conditions to be able to pass under NVDA's radar.
It might be worth noting that I noticed this not long after a reboot and the dust might not have fully settled in terms of background tasks starting and stopping.
Kind regards,
Felix