Windows 10 App Essentials 1702

Chris Mullins

Hi

I may be mistaken , I can’t check because i deleted the message but together with the announcement that Windows Mail app can now read messages with the arrow keys, Joseph said that the Calculator app will not read anything but the display field without the addon.  He may have been referring to an upcoming build of Windows (I’m using Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.693)) but if not, then in the Calculator app this is not the case.

Without the app essentials add-on running, the calculator display value is echoed as you type, with the add-on this does not occur, in all other aspects, access to other parts of the calculator app appears to be identical whether the add-on is running or not.  In my opinion, the add-on makes Calculator access less user friendly.

Cheers

Chris