Re: Windows 10 App Essentials 17.03 released

Andre Fisher

Hello.
What I've realised is that the features in the Windows 10 app
essentials add-on are being slowly integrated into NVDA release by
release. Certainly, these are tweeks being made by Joseph and others,
and they must go through a review process by the devs and others to
ensure quality.
Yes, I have the add-on, and I wish some of its features, like its
notification of updates, as an add-on, were integrated into NVDA, but
it takes time.

On 2/25/17, Christopher-Mark Gilland <@AHeart4God316> wrote:
You know... I wasn't gonna say anything, in fear of being taken rudely,
which I don't want, but I must say that in some respect, I have to agree
here with Bill. I'm sure it's probably more or less a technical reason that
we're failing to realize, but if anyone has any idea, please do let us both
know. I get that it may just be that obviously... not everyone is running
Windows 10, at which point, that would make perfect sense why not to commit
slipstream it right into the main code.

Is that basically the reasoning?

Chris.