From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2017 04:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Announcing immediate release of Enhanced Touch gestures add-on version 17.03

I find nvda very bad with touch as well. I hope at some time the devs
might do something with touch. I thought it was just me, but to many
users seem to report that they can't work touch. I know someone will
come back and say it works well with me but I have about 5 tablet devices and just can not get nvda to play well with touch I have given up.

On 25/02/2017 02:25, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
I still can't get the touch gestures to work half of the time.
Usually, when I try, NVDA just goes totally haywire. This isn't a
recent thing either. As I recall, Joseph, you and I talked a while
back on the phone about this. I still to this day on my MS Surface 3
have the same results, if not worse. Half the time flicking and double
tapping doesn't work, and anything requiring multiple fingers practically never ever works.

Yes, I do have the latest version of the addon installed, and yes, I'm
on NVDA 2017.1, but even still no improvement.

Even on my mother's HP laptop with a touch screen, I tried over there,
and again, no dice. Same oddities.

I've practically completely given up 100% on touch. Just for the
record, JAWS is doing the same thing both on my Surface as well as on
my mom's laptop. I'm usually incredibly good at picking up a touch
screen device, and within less than a day, I usually have it pretty
well figured out, so this isn't anything like me performing the
gestures wrong, that I know of.

Chris.