Re: searching for text on the internet with nvda

Dan Thompson

Thank you very very much.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2017 4:23 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] searching for text on the internet with nvda

The initial search command is control NVDA key f.  The repeat search command is NVDA key f3.

Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2017 4:11 PM

Hi all,

Sorry for such a silly question.

How can I get nvda to search for a word etc on a webpage.  This is what I am currently doing.

1.       When on  a page where I am looking for the word access, for example

2.       I press control plus f.

3.       2.  Type in the word to find.

4.       3.  Hit enter.

5.       I always seem to have to press escape to check if I am on the line with the word in stead of pressing insert plus up arrow to read the current line.

6.       What m I doing wrong?

7.       Thanks for any help.

subscribe to Friday Finds by sending a blank email with "subscribe dan's tips" in the subject line. To

dmt031073@...

subscribe to "Hotspot With God" daily devotion by sending a blank message with "subscribe devotion" in the subject line to

dmt031073@...

“This is the way of peace: Overcome evil with good, and falsehood with truth, and hatred with love.” —Peace Pilgrim

“God is the mind that imagines physical reality. We are each like a cell in that mind.” —Peter Shepherd