Re: Trouble with yahoo

David Griffith

Just in relation to the difficulty reading the text mesage is there a way on your phone of copying and pasting the information into an email and sending it to your self for review on a PC?

If using an iPhone you can use the last phrase copied to the pasteboard function- quadruple triple tap and then you can just use the rota to paste it into an email as usual. I have done this several times when I have wanted more permanent records of texts.

then of course NVDA could review the text in detail for you.

I am afraid I am not sure how to do this on other phones though it might be worth looking at context menus in Android.

David Griffith

On 26/02/2017 09:44, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
Hi well straight after that message was received a load of us found smtp prompts for log on password.
When you go to follow the links it asks if they can send you a verification code to the mobile number they make you put in when you open the account. this is sent. It sounds like four characters and there is an unlabelled field on the page to enter it. It also says in the help that after doing this you will be asked to change your password and agree to use an old insecure email client, but I never get that far. Instead it just comes up with an unauthorised access message and sends you an email with a link back to another page to get another code again.

Its like Groundhog day.
They seem to be deliberately suggesting that all who have not changed their password do so but need the code to verify its really you. I can only deduce that its either that the field is the wrong one or the code read by my dumb phone is incomplete. Sadly the phone has no way to step through the characters in the message it just says fy8d or whatever its is.

Are you saying you can actually send email through yahoo after that message?

I can't It still receives of course but not send.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-