I don't use all its features, skype chat, skype video and audio calls I don't use anything else.
Skype is mostly a modified html page using the ie engine or whatever it uses.
Its probably why they wish to upgrade it, ie is due to get retired, its also heavily flash based as I had to shut down skype to load flash updates.

On 27/03/2016 12:39 p.m., Arlene wrote:
Oh! Okay if yu are using it for work. then by all means use Skype for it! Okay! okay! That makes sense! Then, I'll just retire the idea that it's junk!

-----Original Message-----
From: Shaun Everiss [mailto:@smeveriss]
Sent: March-26-16 3:48 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] skype going universal

Well I didn't used to care about skype but I have to use it for work and
since most of it is online.
Most work is via text some by audio.
Skype is good for me for the fact that when required family can use
video with eachother, I also have a good quality speaker system for
groups locally in my room.

For me its good to use video if I need to show my face to someone that
has sight.
However I didn't think I'd use it that much its a big part of my life
though.

On 26/03/2016 11:58 p.m., Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:
I also use Skype, but didn't text a lot as most of my friends don't use it; instead I used Line on my iPhone and FB chat through the main Facebook site as those are what the majority of my friends use.