Re: Microsoft Word 2016 and navigation lag

Louis Maher <ljmaher@...>

Hello kelby,

I experienced something like this in Outlook 2016. The problem came from
having spelling checked as I typed. In outlook 2016, I went to alt+f,
options, e-mail, editor options, and unchecked "check spelling as you type".

What I was experiencing was as I typed, the new e-mail message became less
responsive for arrow keys, and movement in general. This happened in JAWS
18. Spelling errors, and perhaps web links, caused the whole writing
process to become slower and slower.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838
E-mail: ljmaher@...

From: Simon Jaeger <simon@...>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Monday, February 27, 2017 12:54 pm
Subject: [nvda] Microsoft Word 2016 and navigation lag

Hi all,

I notice that if I use the review cursor commands in Microsoft Word
documents, there's about a half second lag. My arrows work fine, but
my girlfriend has so much lag that navigating documents (even with
just the arrow keys) is maddeningly frustrating. I'm wondering if
anyone has experienced this and knows of a good way to fix it. We both
run pretty modern Dell laptops (hers an i5, mine an i7) and they both
run very well besides that. I don't have a copy of JAWS, but hers
doesn't experience the same lag with the arrow keys, so it seems to be
something specific to NVDA. My guess is that a particular setting is
causing this, but I'm not sure which. I've looked through document
formatting settings and turned off a lot of the unneeded stuff, and
also tried turning off formatting information. Suggestions are welcome.

com=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#15627):
https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/15627
View All Messages In Topic (1):
https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topic/4428513
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/4428513?uid=152659
New Topic: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/post
com=-=-
NVDA on groups.io

Get NVDA from: http://www.nvaccess.org/ Your continued donations help
keep NVDA development going strong. Donate at:
http://www.nvaccess.org/donate
Other links:
Come talk with other NVDA users on irc.blufudge.net #NVDA Get NVDA
add-ons at:
http://addons.nvda-project.org/
NVDA on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8601265515