Re: Windows 10 App Essentials confusion

Kevin Cussick

Hi, got the same message on the other computer as you, didn't install. it why on one machine? I will check later just encase I have clicked on the dev version on that box.

On 27/02/2017 13:18, Chris Mullins wrote:
Hi

I am rather confused about the update feature of W10AE. First of all I
can’t find an update button associated with the app entry for version
17.03 in the manage add-ons dialog. I activated the help button which
took me to the download page from where I downloaded the stable version
17.03A. I then checked it appeared in the manage add-ons dialog and it
was running normally. A few moments later a dialog appeared saying
there was a new update of W10AE available, would I like to install it.
I replied yes and it installed. On checking the Manage add-ons dialog
again, it showed the version as 2000225DEV was installed

I have never knowing installed any development versions, so I don’t
understand why it has suddenly started doing this. Advice appreciated.

Cheers

Chris .