Re: Attach to email

Gene

You are evidently using a web site to send e-mail.  You don't tell us which one.  What you are describing is not the standard way such dialogs work.  I assume that after you press the add attachment button, a dialog comes up.  If so, shift tab once or if necessary twice.  You will be in a list of folders and files as you are in My Computer.  Move back through the list with the back space.  Move forward by pressing enter on something such as a folder.  Find the file you want and press enter. 

I've almost never added an attachment using a web site but that should be all you have to do.  As I said, I've almost never done this but I believe that you will have to allow time for the attachment to upload, if it is at all large.  I haven't done this enough to know if you are notified on the page when the attachment has finished uploading. 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2017 8:42 PM
Subject: [nvda] Attach to email

I'm able to use NVDA to send emails, but when I need to attach something, I need help, because I don't know how to navigate the 'upload a file' window using the keyboard. What I need to do is:

- Navigate to the address bar so I can type in the folder address, such as C:\downloads

- Navigate back to the list of files so I can search for the right file and select it for upload.

Can anyone please tell me how I can do this?

Best regards,

Jenny Uy

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.