Re: reading progress down loads in google chrome

Gene

That's why I say that for many purposes other than browsing, Firefox is a better choice.  I don't want almost everything displayed as web pages from settings to history.  I don't know how it is for sighted people, but for blind people, this is somewhat cumbersome.  Also, awhile back, Chrome stopped honoring quick browsing commands in the settings interface which is a web page interface.  Has this been corrected?  What this means is that you can't, for example, make a change and then use the letter b to jump to the done button.  You have to tab through all the rest of the settings.

It may be that for a lot of browsing, Chrome is faster or somewhat faster.  I haven't compared, thogh I've seen a few people say it is. But one reason I still use firefox as my main browser is to avoid having so many interfaces be rendered as web pages.

Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] reading progress down loads in google chrome

Hello,
Once you have hit control plus J tab a time or two and you should land on a heading that says today. This is the downloads you have done today. The first one under this heading should be your current download. If you arrow down a bit you will hear a line that has the path where the download is going. This line will also have the speed of your download. If you go down one more line you should hear the percentage. It will be read as a normal number like 34. I don’t think it says percent but this is the percent of your download.

Regards,
Greg Wocher