Re: reading progress down loads in google chrome

brian <sackriderbrian45@...>

f I could find a brouser that works aswell as webie does then and only then would I change brousers.  You should not have to jump through the hoops just to find your progress if it does read it. Webie just reads the progress when your download starts no need to go and find it. No other brouser can do that.  

Brian SackriderOn 2/28/2017 6:56 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

I haven't tried google chrome for downloading yet. As far as webbie, if internet explorer is going away, that means webbie will too. That's why it's good to have more than one browser. Don't stay stuck on webbie because it could be gone in a year or two.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of brian
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:48 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] reading progress down loads in google chrome

Why are we stuck with only one brouser that will read progress bars/?  It looks like nvda still has some work to do to make more brousers more accessable.  I don't like firefox because it's way to slow.  Webie will alwaysbe the bestbrouser for the blind.  Why is it so hard to make brousers that read the progress bars?  If we are going to change brousers then we need to have more accessable brousers that will do what we them to do. 

Brian Sackrider

On 2/28/2017 5:36 PM, Gene wrote:

That's why I say that for many purposes other than browsing, Firefox is a better choice.  I don't want almost everything displayed as web pages from settings to history.  I don't know how it is for sighted people, but for blind people, this is somewhat cumbersome.  Also, awhile back, Chrome stopped honoring quick browsing commands in the settings interface which is a web page interface.  Has this been corrected?  What this means is that you can't, for example, make a change and then use the letter b to jump to the done button.  You have to tab through all the rest of the settings. 

It may be that for a lot of browsing, Chrome is faster or somewhat faster.  I haven't compared, thogh I've seen a few people say it is. But one reason I still use firefox as my main browser is to avoid having so many interfaces be rendered as web pages. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:38 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] reading progress down loads in google chrome

Hello,
Once you have hit control plus J tab a time or two and you should land on a heading that says today. This is the downloads you have done today. The first one under this heading should be your current download. If you arrow down a bit you will hear a line that has the path where the download is going. This line will also have the speed of your download. If you go down one more line you should hear the percentage. It will be read as a normal number like 34. I don’t think it says percent but this is the percent of your download.

Regards,
Greg Wocher
> On Feb 28, 2017, at 1:21 PM, brian <sackriderbrian45@...> wrote:
>
>    I did try thatbut I did not hear any progress percentages. in ie 11 it does but not in chrome.
>
> Brian Sackrideer
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On 2/28/2017 1:18 PM, Greg Wocher wrote:
>> Hello,
>> After starting the download you need to hit control plus J and this will take you to the downloads window. In this window you can see the progress of your downloads.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Greg Wocher
>>> On Feb 28, 2017, at 1:10 PM, brian <sackriderbrian45@...> wrote:
>>>
>>> Does google chrome read progress in downloads if so how do you do that.  I am using nvda 2017.1 and I just tried to down load all things radio podcast but it did not say the percentages I tried control j and I also tried save as but nothing.
>>> Brian Sackrider
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.