Re: offtopic: please sign the petition: Telegram should be accessible for visually impaired

Mallard <mallard@...>

Simone,

You're absolutely right in that respect. I signed the petition, because I think it's a duty that we have to always do our part, but those devs are more than blind... They're daft!

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 01/03/2017 12:09, Simone Dal Maso ha scritto:
Ollie,
try to say this to iranian people, where Telegram is the most used app
in their country.
Their government use telegram to communicate and give announces to
people; blind teachers can't communicate or participate with their
student or other teachers just because all of them use Telegram.
So I think that, als if developers are blind in the figurative sense
of the word, we should try.

Yes, I wrote to them a couple of years ago, and the answer sounded more
or less like "we can't be bothered".

I wouldn't waste my time with devs likethose.

If you want a fair alternative to Whatsapp, try Signal.

When I last used it, it was very accessible. It's a lot more private,
and Whatsapp themselves use the encryption system developed by the devs
of Signal...

If Telegram can't be bothered with us, why bother with them?

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 28/02/2017 15:39, Robert Kingett ha scritto:
I signed and shared this but the developers have said, repeatedly,
that they do not want to make this program accessible to the blind.