Re: Has anyone else had this happen? random buzzing sound since upgrading to 17.1 ...

Tyler Spivey

That's the spelling error sound.
To turn it off, go to the NVDA menu, Preferences, Keyboard settings, and uncheck "Play sound for spelling errors while typing".

On 3/2/2017 11:17 PM, Laurie Mehta via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,
I'm experiencing a strange buzz sound randomly since upgrading to the latest NVDA version even though my setup is no different from what I've used for a long time now with no negative issues.

On this machine (MacBookAir partitioned using Win7 via BootCamp) I use e-speak set to default language and the voice Quincey.
I just upgraded directly from NVDA 16.1 to 17.1.
Since the upgrade, I'm experiencing a strange issue that I cannot replicate but which is recurring randomly when I'm typing...
I hear a buzz sound when typing-- it seems to happen as I make a keystroke but it does not seem to be connected with typing a particular character.
--this is just a single buzz and it just happens randomly.

This never happened before on this machine and I've been using NVDA on it for many years.

Has anyone else had this experience?
Is there anything that can be done to prevent the random buzz sound?

Thanks,
Laurie M.