Re: Can't get speech to come out of my new headset

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

On my copy of windows 8.1, plugging in a headset doesn't automatically switch input to the headphone jack.  Windows pops up a dialog, and asks me what kind of headset it is, and defaults to skullcandy headphones even if the brand isn't.  I need to choose one of the headphone options and click the ok button (yes, click it, pressing enter doesn't work), then the output is routed through the headphones.  This user may be experiencing something similar.

On 3/3/2017 7:46 AM, Gene wrote:
If a standard jack is being used, there are no settings.  Either the headphones work or they don't.  The first thing to do is test with other headphones or with some other way of sending a signal to something using a patch cord and the same jack, such as to an amplifier or tape recorder or powered speakers.

The problem may not be the jack itself, it may be a driver problem or some other problem I may not know enough to consider but there are no settings in such a case.

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Can't get speech to come out of my new headset

There is only two possible scenario that could not output a sounds or
audio to your headset. First, you need to double-check the settings of
the playback to ensure that your default output device is the headset
you use. And, lastly, the headset you plug in is not properly inserted
or, there is a problem with the headset itself.

Robert Mendoza

On 3/3/2017 5:12 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
> No its a standard 3 MM jack.
>

> On 3/2/2017 11:25 PM, Alexander Masic wrote:
>> is it a bluetooth or usb? then you may adjust sorses manualy In nvda
>> you can go to settings, select syntersizer and tab one times, and in
>> that list you can se what you have.
>>

>> Den 2017-03-03 kl. 02:58, skrev Lino Morales:
>>> Has anyone had this problem? I can't get any speech out of my
>>> headset. I'm V 217.1 with WIN 10 Insider build 15046.

Avast logo