Re: Can't get speech to come out of my new headset

Lino Morales

Yeah I'm thinking its a driver problem.

On 3/3/2017 7:46 AM, Gene wrote:
If a standard jack is being used, there are no settings.  Either the headphones work or they don't.  The first thing to do is test with other headphones or with some other way of sending a signal to something using a patch cord and the same jack, such as to an amplifier or tape recorder or powered speakers.

The problem may not be the jack itself, it may be a driver problem or some other problem I may not know enough to consider but there are no settings in such a case.

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Can't get speech to come out of my new headset

There is only two possible scenario that could not output a sounds or
audio to your headset. First, you need to double-check the settings of
the playback to ensure that your default output device is the headset
you use. And, lastly, the headset you plug in is not properly inserted
or, there is a problem with the headset itself.

Robert Mendoza