Re: Can't get speech to come out of my new headset

Lino Morales

I said earlier that was a WIN 10 PC. In other words a desktop.

On 3/3/2017 5:05 PM, Gene wrote:
Please answer the questions I asked.  I asked another question and it may be important.  I asked if it is a desktop or a laptop computer.  As far as I know, desktop computers don't intervene between the jack and the audio while laptops do.  In other words, in a laptop, when you plug in headphones, the computer, in its software, I believe is where this is done, changes from speakers to headphones.  In all desktops I've owned, when you plug in headphones, no software is involved.  Plugging in the headphones simply completes a circuit as in a conventional radio.  If you are using a laptop, a driver update may solve the problem, though I'm doubtful.  But it may be worth trying.  In a desktop computer, a driver would have no impact on the problem if the headphone jack works like the ones I've seen in desktops.  Please try the headphones in something else such as a radio or any other appliance you know works properly with headphones.  Before doing anything else, it is important to determine if the headphones are working properly.

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Can't get speech to come out of my new headset

I'm not sure if thier is a bac headphone jack or not.

On 3/3/2017 4:44 PM, Gene wrote:
That doesn't answer any of my questions.  I asked if there is a back headphone jack and if it is a desktop or a laptop computer.

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:43 PM

Its a WIN 10 PC.

On 3/3/2017 4:42 PM, Gene wrote:
Are you saying there is a back earphone jack as well?  Have you tried it?  Is this a desktop or a laptop computer?

Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:17 PM

Its the front earphone jack. At least this head has a piece of plastic on the cord that has the mic jack.

On 3/3/2017 8:26 AM, Chris Mullins wrote:

                Is it a specific jack for headphones, if so is there also a Mic jack you could have accidentally plugged into?  If it’s a multi function jack, have you selected headphones usage?

Cheers

Chris