Re: Caps lock key not working as insert key

Gene

Also, if you are going to use the task bar icon, you either have to use the context menu key to open the menu or the rough equivalent, shift f10.

I didn't think of the task bar option but it's good to keep in mind just in case it's needed for some reason.

From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2017 12:42 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Caps lock key not working as insert key

The task bar, which it sounds as though you are talking about is gotten to with the command Windows key b.  I doubt this has changed in Windows 10.

Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2017 12:34 PM

Also, if you can't find the insert key, if you can get to the notification/status bar on windows - windows key + N, if NVDA icon is showing up there, you can also invoke context menu on it to get to preferences, keyboard preferences, etc. etc.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
On 2017-03-04 20:05, Chris wrote:

Not really necessary On a fresh install of nvda  theres a pop up dialog which allows the modifier to be changed if so desired