Some issues with Windows 8.1

Hey everyone,

While using NVDA on my Surface 3 running Windows 8.1, I noticed the following issues.

1. From time to time NVDA won't announce the item selected in File Explorer.

2. From time-to-time NVDA won't read items on the start screen (I actually posted about this back on freelists).

3. In the Command Prompt, NVDA reads all commands character-by-character, which is very annoying.

Is there fixes for the above issues? For the start screen issue I can use Classic Shell, but when I try typing a folder to open, E.G Downloads, it is usually not placed on the top of the search result, unlike with Windows 7's start menu where folders like 'Downloads' are placed on the top of the search result.