Re: Basic overview I'm navigating Thunderbird with NVDA

hmmm I have never synced address books with gmail but its good to know.

On 6/03/2017 6:25 a.m., Tony James wrote:
hi, the contacts ad-on simply allows contacts to b synced between
Thunderbird and gmail.

On 3/5/2017 12:16 PM, Brice Mijares wrote:
Would you be kind enough and explain this contact add on? Thank You.

On 3/5/2017 9:11 AM, Tony James wrote:
hi Jean and all, I managed to get the contacts ad-on and I also got my
mail threaded. Now its just a matter of playing around with the program
to learn how it works. is the calendar function usable with nvda? it
wasn't covered in the tutorial

On 3/5/2017 7:37 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Hi Tony,

To bring your mail contacts down from GMail, you must set up GMail
from the web interface to an IMap or pop3 setting. This is a bit
involved. If you need further instructions, I or someone else can
give them.

On 3/5/2017 1:42 AM, Tony James wrote:

Hi, I got it sorted now. 2 more questions for now. first, can
thunderbird group messages by thread and how do u bring your gmail
contacts down?

On 3/5/2017 12:40 AM, Robert Mendoza wrote:
Hi, Tony!

I used to prefer to sort my views by subject and descending order in
this way the newer email message was on the top which is easily to
read my messages. By doing this steps, press Alt plus V plus s, at
the same time the two items mentioned above mentioned should be check
Robert Mendoza
On 3/5/2017 12:53 PM, Tony James wrote:

Hi Jean, yes this is very helpful. I'm using Thunderbird to
reply. Maybe this is also covered in the tutorial as well, but is
there a way to have Thunderbird show most recent messages first?

On 3/4/2017 4:25 PM, Gene New Zeal and wrote:

Hi

the other thing that has changed in mozilla thunder bird is where
the attachments can be found now. They are under the message menu
which should be stated in the tutorial of its move and as they
used to be under the file menu to insert a attachment is still
under the file menu.

Otherwise i do not think mozilla thunder bird has changed much as
i use it all of the time.

Hope it helps

Gene nz

On 5/03/2017 10:03 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:

Hi Tony

A few years back i did a tutorial on using mozilla thunder bird
along with navigating it and so on and also based at a new user
to mozilla thunder bird. this was when written using nvda and
still is the same concept to use. the chat part does not work
with thunder bird with face book though but am sure other might
when set up.

The tutorial can be found on my web site at
http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/accessible%20email%20client%20mozilla%20thunderbird.html

That link will take you straight to the mozilla thunder bird page
i wrote and there is a couple of audio recording to.

you might find other stuff of interest on the website the nvda
pages are written for the desk top computer and if you go to the
home page it will take you to the main page where you can find
other blindness related material.

hope it helps.

Gene nz

On 5/03/2017 12:47 AM, Tony James wrote:
Hi, I am using NVDA 16.4 and the latest version of Thunderbird.
Does anyone happen to have a tutorial on how to navigate this
program using nvda? Thx

Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! May your swords stay sharp!
(ancient language Phrase from inheritance cycle)
--
<b>Check out the new location of my accessibility central
website for NVDA tutorials, NVDA road tested programs, and

Also, check out which New Zealand libraries have the NVDA
screen reader available by visiting the following link
<b>Check out the new location of my accessibility central
website for NVDA tutorials, NVDA road tested programs, and other
eyesight related topics.
http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/ If you would like to keep
up to date with whats being updated on our website, you can also
follow us on facebook by visiting
the following link
https://en-gb.facebook.com/people/AccessibilityCentral-Net/100009727930216

Also, check out which New Zealand libraries have the NVDA screen
reader available by visiting the following link
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

.