Re: NVDA doesn't read certain controls in applications that run as another user

Its probably because you run a portable.
The security system in windows requires that an installed copy is used.
Failing that, you do realise that nvda will need to have settings in that account and that account should be independant from your other account, however if you go to %appdata% in your non admin account copy the nvda folder, then in the admin account go to the same folder, try at first placing them in there and seeing if that fixes it.
else delete that nvda folder in that account and see.
You could always try to just delete all your nvda settings and see if that fixes things settings can get dammaged.
You could also try to uninstall and reinstall nvda.
I have systems with multiple accounts and you don't just switch accounts and run nvda and then hope it works the same.
It shouldn't do this though.
On my personal system I have uac off because of older software but everything else has it active for security reasons and I don't encounter issues until I need to install something and then alt y is good for you.

On 6/03/2017 10:32 a.m., Simon Jaeger wrote:
Hi all,
Subject line pretty much says it all. If I'm on a non-admin account and
I run something as the administrator account, a lot of controls (such as
list views, tree views etc) won't read properly. Anyone have any
workarounds? This is no ta common issue and I suspect it's not easily
solvable either, but I figure there's no harm in asking.

Simon

.