Re: prevent pages from refreshing

Pete <emac00@...>

  I went to
http://www.rick.com/
  and the page is not refreshing for me.
  is there a particular place on the page wear it is refreshing?
  I am not getting the refreshing thing.
  I only spent five minutes or so reading parts of the page using h to navigate by headings then insert + down arrow to read down.
  Pete

On 3/26/2016 3:36 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
Kevin here is one. If any of you are fans of Rick Dees and the Weekly Top 40 his site refreshes a lot.
www.rick.com

On 3/26/2016 3:34 PM, Kevin Chao wrote:
Can someone please provide examples of thes type of sites?

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 12:30 PM Arno Schuh <arno.schuh@...> wrote:
Hi,

Am Samstag, 26. März 2016 17:40 schrieb Gene <gsasner@...>:

> Are you referring to the setting concerning metarefresh in Internet
> Explorer?

That's the option. But it is pretty cumbersome to activate and deactivate
this option anytime you came across such a site.
In Cobra you simply press letter s to freeze the site, and simply press
letter s again to set it free again.
And of course it is no solution to keep the metarefresh option deactivated,
because if so some sites don't work properly; i. e. you can't log in some
site, can't select list items in a list etc.

So a simple feature like in Cobra would be pretty helpful when you came
across such a site.

Yours sincerely

Arno