Re: NVDA and google chrome

Gene

Does your tutorial discuss using the search function in settings?  For efficient use of the interface, using the search feature is essential, at least for a blind user who has to tab through everything otherwise.

Sent: Monday, March 06, 2017 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and google chrome

Hi NVDA will work out of the box with google chrome.

I do have a tutorial on the basics of google chrome going through a few of the settings i think is both written and audio tutorial that can be found at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html

When you get there you will need to jump down by headings to a section  called how to navigate google chrome with nvda.

It does not cover about not displaying images as most people want to see them if they are sighted.

You can jump through the settings menu when it is open by headings to the different sections or arrow through the sections. You might have to change between browse mode and focus mode for some sections.

Any how if you do want to turn them off you will need to go to the following section when google chrome is open.

Press the alt key until the file menu comes up then go to settings, then press the enter key.

Next go to advanced settings it is right down the bottom of the page then press the enter key.

When the new pages opens you will need to look for a heading called privacy. Just under it will be a button called content settings. Press the enter key or space bar on it. When it opens Under this section you can also jump down by headings locate one called images and just underneath it is a check box that says do not show any images make sure that one is checked and not the one that says show them.

Then close out of google chrome and the new settings will take place.

if needed i can add that to the written part of the google tutorial in the next few days for later reference for any one who wants to do it.

Gene nz

On 7/03/2017 7:20 AM, Gene wrote:
Setting images not to be displayed is a good idea.  Images are one way in which malware may be spread.  Someone may present a link with a tutorial about how to work with Chrome settings.  The Chrome interface is different from Internet Explorer or Firefox.  But in terms of using it when you first get it, turning off images is the only setting I would say to change for safety.

Sent: Monday, March 06, 2017 11:51 AM

I don't use anything other than the default settings, and NVDA and chrome work just fine.

On 3/6/2017 11:53 AM, Armando Maldonado wrote:

Hello,

So I've heard of people using NVDA and google chrome. If i were to switch, what are the optimal configuration settings I shall set so I can use this properly? Is there an add-on for chrome? Any tips would grately be appreciated, thanks.

Armando

Avast logo