Re: NVDA and google chrome

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

hi

To set your home page you will need to do the following from my web site.

Setting a home page in Google Chrome
To have a certain page come up every time that you go into Google Chrome (such as a certain newspaper you may wish to read online), press the Alt key until the menu comes up or use the Alt key + F to bring up the menu. Arrow down to the settings menu, then press the Enter key. A new page will come up like a webpage where you can use single letter navigation keys to navigate it; for example H for headings, B for buttons and so on. Only certain single letter navigation keys are supported.
You can use the letter H to jump down to a heading called “on startup”. From here you can arrow down until you hear NVDA say radio button, Open a specific page or set of pages.
Press the Spacebar to check the radio button.
Just underneath the radio button will be a link called set pages. Press the Enter key on it, then it will give you the option to put in your homepage address (for example http://www.stuff.co.nz).
Next, it will ask you (once it is entered) if you want to use the current page. Press the spacebar on this button, then tab to the ok button. Now, when you reopen Google Chrome, it should have your homepage set.

Actually my home page is set to stuff here still when i wrote it.

hope it helps.

Gene nz

Hi, Gene N/Z,

I'm having trouble changing my home page in google chrome. I do everything correctly but when I go back into chrome, it goes back to the chrome home page instead of google. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie