Re: prevent pages from refreshing

Pete <emac00@...>

I know this happens, I haven't come across it for some time now.
What you are talking about is
you will be reading a block of text and you will only get a few seconds to read it before the page refreshes and every thing goes wonky.
rite?
I think if we could all work on a consistent description of what exactly the problem is it would be easier for the dev people to nail it down.
Pete

On 3/26/2016 4:43 PM, Mallard wrote:
Now then,

The issue exists, because there are forums discussing it for devs. They call the thing "Carousels" or "slideshows", or something else that I can't remember now.

I provided an example of a site

www.esselungaacasa.it

But I'm afraid you ahve to log in with username and password to see that particular area of the sit.
Actually, "that particular area" is supposed to be in the Accessible section of the site, and it's the whole Supermarket area...

Firefox 45.0.1, Latest NvDA Next Snapshot, Espeak, Freedom Scientific's pm 40 3.70 braille display.
Ollie

Il 26/03/2016 20:36, Lino Morales ha scritto:
Kevin here is one. If any of you are fans of Rick Dees and the Weekly Top 40 his site refreshes a lot.
www.rick.com

On 3/26/2016 3:34 PM, Kevin Chao wrote:
Can someone please provide examples of thes type of sites?

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 12:30 PM Arno Schuh <arno.schuh@in-trier.de> wrote:

Hi,

Am Samstag, 26. März 2016 17:40 schrieb Gene <gsasner@ripco.com>:

> Are you referring to the setting concerning metarefresh in
Internet
> Explorer?

That's the option. But it is pretty cumbersome to activate and
deactivate
this option anytime you came across such a site.
In Cobra you simply press letter s to freeze the site, and simply
press
letter s again to set it free again.
And of course it is no solution to keep the metarefresh option
deactivated,
because if so some sites don't work properly; i. e. you can't log
in some
site, can't select list items in a list etc.

So a simple feature like in Cobra would be pretty helpful when
you came
across such a site.

Yours sincerely

Arno