From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 7:23 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Slightly OT. Dropbox finally ditches xp

Abuse has nothing to do with public links. As stated in a message sent to Drop Box users a week or two ago, support is being dropped for public links because, according to Drop Box, there are better methods for sharing files now. All the files in your public folder will be kept. They will be moved to another folder. You will have to share new links as the old links won't work any longer. All you have to do to get new links is the following:
Move to a file you want to share in the list.
Open the context menu.
Down arrow to an item that says something like copy link to clipboard.
Press enter.
The link has now been copied.
Share it just as you did before except that you should be sure to change the 0 at the end of the link to a 1.

While sharing your links again is an inconvenience, the procedure is almost identical to the one previously used for Public links.