Re: Kindle instructions in NVDA help

Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@...>

That's perfect. Exactly what I needed. Thanks.
---
Christopher Gilland
Co-founder of Genuine Safe Haven Ministries

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2017 5:25 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Kindle instructions in NVDA help

I generally first switch to screen review mode, NVDA key + R to launch OCR process, wich will then announce when it's done, and, I generally then use shift + numpad 7 to move screen review mode cursor to top of screen before then using numpad 7 and 9 to scan the different result lines, followed by numpad 4 and 6 to move through words, etc. etc.

HTH

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."
On 2017-03-08 22:52, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
I've not tried the OCR addon. I have it, but never had had a need to use it, and honestly, I don't know how, sadly. I'm incredibly savvy though, so if you either can give me the basics, or can at least point me to where to find documentation, that should suffice.

Yes, I did try object navigation review, as well as just regular cursor review mode to no avale. That said, I'll grantcha, that was an excellent thought to try.

Chris.
---
Christopher Gilland
Co-founder of Genuine Safe Haven Ministries

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2017 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Kindle instructions in NVDA help

chris,

Have you tried with Screen review or ObjectNavigation?

And, alternatively, have you tried using the OCR add-on?

I know I did it long ago, but I don't remember how. It must have been at
least three years ago, and I thought accessibility of that part had
improved meanwhile... Sad to hear it hasn't.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 08/03/2017 16:33, Christopher-Mark Gilland ha scritto:
> you have gotten way further than I have.
>
> I cannot even get the registration dialogue to read, to sign into my Amazon account. yes. I made absolutely certain that I had the version with the accessibility plugged in. once the registration screen comes up, I'm placed on a combo box that says the fall, although it is not labeled. so I am not sure what I am picking as the default. If I press the tab key, absolutely nothing at all happens. NVDA says absolutely nothing at all. Same goes if I shift tab.
>
> I had a friend try, and they had the same exact problem. This is also occurring with jaws. so I'm completely clueless as to what is going on.
> how is one supposed to navigate that dialogue, and get signed into your Amazon account?
>
> Chris.
>  
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Mar 8, 2017, at 09:35, Jacob Kruger <jacob@...> wrote:
>>
>> While have only ever purchased 3 kindle books - only books that couldn't find electronic formats for anywhere else, I did just get hold of a new one, and, installed kindle for PC 1.19.460 just to try it out under windows 10 64 bit, although have already downloaded it to my android phone, where it seems pretty readable along with using talkback.
>>
>>
>> The only reason looked for this book was when I realised that this version of kindle for PC should be relatively accessible along with NVDA 2017.1, but, I presume this specific book doesn't offer/allow enhanced typesetting, which requirement is sort of mentioned in NVDA help with regards to using browse mode to read a kindle eBook.
>>
>>
>> That's since while am in what I think is the reading area - announced as border - NVDA reading/navigation commands don't do anything, but, something that might be good to mention in NVDA's help on the kindle topic is that the general kindle navigation commands, like page up, page down, arrow left and right still seem to carry out functionality, and, I know this since pressing space bar while in that piece of the interface does in fact toggle SAPI voice reading of the book, using the default SAPI voice for windows 10.
>>
>>
>> In other words, while can't use NVDA's browse mode to read this book on my PC, it seems like it's still perfectly possible to just read the book, since NVDA does otherwise handle the interface pretty well.
>>
>>
>> So, just thought would mention this here.
>>
>>
>> Stay well
>>
>>
>> Jacob Kruger
>>
>> Blind Biker
>> Skype: BlindZA
>> "Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.