Re: Does libreoffice or open office open Microsoft documents?

Marv,

          Both are 100% capable of opening any of the iterations of Microsoft Office Word documents.  As to accessibility, I'll let others speak to the details, but both are accessible.  I believe I've generally heard that Open Office is slightly more accessible, but I doubt there is a huge difference between the two.  Those who've used either or both on a regular basis with a screen reader are better able to make that call.

    I don't find an uninformed hatred a "principled position" that I need to respect in any way.

        ~ Ellen Evans, soc.motss, 11/6/2004