OpenOffice vs. LibreOffice: What’s the Difference and Which Should You Use? https://www.howtogeek.com/187663/openoffice-vs.-libreoffice-whats-the-difference-and-which-should-you-use/

Why you should ditch OpenOffice and use the free LibreOffice suite http://www.pcworld.com/article/2977112/software-productivity/why-you-should-ditch-openoffice-and-use-the-free-libreoffice-suite.html

LibreOffice Accessibility https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/accessibility/

On 2017-03-09 19:24, Brian Vogel wrote:

Marv,

          Both are 100% capable of opening any of the iterations of Microsoft Office Word documents.  As to accessibility, I'll let others speak to the details, but both are accessible.  I believe I've generally heard that Open Office is slightly more accessible, but I doubt there is a huge difference between the two.  Those who've used either or both on a regular basis with a screen reader are better able to make that call.

    I don't find an uninformed hatred a "principled position" that I need to respect in any way.

        ~ Ellen Evans, soc.motss, 11/6/2004