From: "Dennis L" <dennisl1982@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, March 11, 2017 6:27 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessible program that will allow you to restore yoursound profile

I was looking to restore a profile for a given set of items example my speakers and then I create one with my usb headset plugged in. if when I plug in the headset they don’t work I could press the key stroke and it’s restored.

On 2017-03-11 18:09, David Griffith wrote:

I take a slightly different approach to all this.

I used to try various utilities to try and prevent Windows loading in amuted state or with volume set to zero.

Nowadays I do not bother as I routinely use a Microsoft Natural Ergononic Keyboard which have clearly tactile media keys including toglling mute status or volume up and down. Even if the computer is muted a press of the volume up key will unmute the computer.

Many laptops will also have media keys which presumably perform the same function.

If for whatever reason I need to adjust volumes across the programs loaded I simply press windows key and type sndvol which opens up a mixer page which does pretty much all of what is described in the third party utility programs in windos already.

David ?Griffith

On 2017-03-11 14:06, Brian's Mail list account wrote:

I did some years back and they said it was not possible in the new
sound schemes. However that may well have been that they lost
interest, who knows?
Brian
bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis L" <mailto:dennisl1982@gmail.com> <dennisl1982@gmail.com>
On 2017-03-10 21:31, Dennis L wrote:
I am not seeing how you would tell it to restore the volume level?
Will it
let you have one if a headset is plugged in and one for your speakers?
On 2017-03-10 11:54, Dennis L wrote:
Hi, there was a program for windows xp that you could set a key
command and
restore your sound profile is there such a program for windows 7?