Re: Eloquence delay after launching NVDA.

David Griffith

Yes I have had this issue of extreme delayed start up along with the additional issue of NVDA and eloquence freezing in large  File Explorer windows.

This does not happen with the  illegal versions of Eloquence which is disappointing from a a Code Factory quality point of view.

I managed to improve matters  to some degree by going into the Sound Properties in Windows Control Panel, selecting my default sound device and turning off all the fancy affects like surround sound and just selecting just basic stereo as my output format.

This has had the affect of slightly diminishing the funkier music output from my PC but I am not now waiting upt to a minute  or more for NVDA to load.

I still get the problem of NVDA not responding with large file explorer windows  but what I have learnt is that if you turn Narrator on with Windows Enter temporarily you can navigate your file lists fine until NVDA wakes up and starts responding again. I just turn Narrator off when NVDA finally catches up.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10