Re: accessible program that will allow you to restore yoursound profile

Jacob Kruger

Nope.

Not much use/interest to me - but, have you checked out the help, or even just tried playing around with the settings?

As in, find an item in the list view, and, if you look at the menu systems, you can find hotkeys to make changes quickly/easily there, then try saving a profile .spr file, and, maybe see if changes get made when you then pass that file onto the executable again?

Or, if you move a copy of the .exe, etc. to under program files, or program files (x86), just in case, then you should also be able to associate something like an .spr file with it's executable so that hitting enter on a .spr file might launch that profiles settings automatically, and, then you might be able to create a shortcut that just points to the .spr file?

But, like said, while it seems to work here, I don't really need to take it much further than playing around with myself - closest I ever come is that when working with audacity, I just turn off NVDA's speech output, or put it in sleep mode while recording, etc. etc., but anyway.

Good luck

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
On 2017-03-12 12:51, Dennis L wrote:

I have tried it I couldn’t work I’m not sure if it’s user error.  Would you be willing to try it to see if I am possibly doing something wrong?

On 2017-03-12 12:13, Dennis L wrote:

Have you had a chance to test this?

On 2017-03-11 18:09, David Griffith wrote:

I take a  slightly different approach to all this.

I used to try various utilities to try and prevent Windows loading in amuted state or with volume set to zero.

Nowadays I do not bother as I routinely use a Microsoft Natural Ergononic  Keyboard  which have clearly tactile media keys including   toglling mute status or volume up and down. Even if the computer is muted a press of the volume up key will unmute the computer.

Many laptops  will also have media keys which presumably perform the same function.

If for whatever reason I need to  adjust volumes across the programs loaded I simply press windows key and type sndvol  which opens up a mixer page which does pretty much all of what is described in the third party utility programs in windos already.

David ?Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10