Re: Using NVDA from a thumb drive?

Gene

In any version of Windows, as far as I know, you can hold the Windows key and type r.  then wait a moment and type narrator and press enter.

Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2017 11:38 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using NVDA from a thumb drive?

Hi

It will depend also how you start narrator in earlier versions of Windows to. there were a couple of different ways to start it depending on the windows version but using the Windows key + letter R then typing in narrator then pressing the enter key would usually do it.

I think in xp, vista etc you could do it this way.

If not then in xp and i think vista it was the windows key + letter U then the ALT key + letter N

Later on i think in 7 and up it was the windows key + the enter key to start narrator.

I think the directions are up there on the web site any how i would have to check to be sure.

Gene nz

On 13/03/2017 4:08 PM, Judy Jones wrote:

Greetings,

I am new to the list, and somewhat familiar with NVDA and love it.  Question:  Is there a way to use NVDA from a thumbdrive, for instance, would I be able to use it on whatever computer I am assigned to, as long as I bring my thumb drive with me?  How does that work?

I have been a Jaws user for almost 20 years, hard to believe, but hope NVDA has the portability I would need.  Thanks for any instructions and advice.

Judy