Re: Unable to get to Embedded object when playing something in Google Chrome only

Dejan Ristic

Let me suppose so, too.

On 3/14/2017 2:20 AM, Gene wrote:
It appears, then, that the embedded objects should be able to be found on these pages by using the arrow keys.  This appears to be the Chrome developers, breaking something related to accessibility roughly on schedule.  they seem to break something about every six or eight months since I've been paying attention to Chrome for about a year and a half.
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2017 7:58 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Unable to get to Embedded object when playing something in Google Chrome only

It did not happen with the previous Chrome versions. I have used the latest update since its release. I have detected the problem on the given pages. I do not use other pages with flash contents. The only thing I know is that it has never happened before. It is yesterday that I encountered it. But, what is interesting about all is that when I use the arrows, I can find the embedded object area. It will not work for me only when I try to get it by O, or shift plus O.

On 3/14/2017 1:39 AM, Gene wrote:
Did this problem happen with earlier versions of Chrome or only with the latest one.  How long have you used the latest update?  Does that problem happen in general or only on a small number of pages?  I'm going to see if I can use the sites.  they may be restricted and many locations may not be able to use them.

Sent: Monday, March 13, 2017 7:19 PM

Gene,

Here is the first link: http://www.rtrs.tv/program/uzivo.php?c=2

The page is in Serbian, so I think that it will not matter. It is a radio live streaming programme.

Here comes the second one:

http://philosopher-at-large.blogspot.ba/2012/06/guest-poet.html

Take care,
Dejan

On 3/14/2017 12:14 AM, Gene wrote:
On what sites?  Can you give a link to a specific movie or audio where this happens?  When people report a problem on web pages, if possible, an address to a page where the problem occurs should be given.  This may or may not be a problem with Chrome.  It may be that for some reason, other browsers are using HTML5 for the stream and other browsers are using Flash on the same page.

Sent: Monday, March 13, 2017 4:36 PM

Hi,

I'm no longer able to get to embedded objects by pressing O, and/or
Shift O when I play a movie or audio. It happens only in Google Chrome.
NVDA says: No next embedded object, and/or No previous embedded object.

When I try the same in Firefox, or even Opera, or even Avast! Safe Zone
Browser, it won't fail.

Note:

I am regularly in the browse mode, for it is only possible to issue the
embedded object-related command when in the browse mode.

Google chrome version: latest.

NVDA version: latest.

Operating system: Windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

Note 2:

When I arrow up or down manually on a web page, I can find the embedded
object area on the page.