In my opinion you mustn't unSubscribe this group. There are people with good computer's knowledge and experience here, who will help you further. And about the messages you can make filters for the messages of NvdA-mailinglist and this filter will be only for the messages from this group. If you are also member of any other group, you can do the same about the messages of the group you are. In this way you will have more place for the letters you receive.
Cheers!
Georgi
На 15.3.2017 г. в 22:35 ч., Fantasy Sports написа:

Yes, I agree with you.  Thank you everyone in this group for all your kind advice, it has helped me a lot.

I will definitely look into these other options before coming back to screen readers as an option.

I should probably unsubscribe to this group until that time, my mailbox can't handle too many messages...

Do you know how I would unsubscribe?

Peace.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gene
Sent: Mar 14, 2017 2:32 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is NVDA right for me?

Window-eyes isn't simpler than NVDA.  I don't know just what Narrator can do.  for your purposes, I don't know if it's any better or not.  Narrator may be simpler but that doesn't mean it will meet your needs.  I'm not saying that NVDA or Narrator will meet your needs or not.  I'm saying that I don't think you are looking at options in the right order.  I would think that there are e-mail lists and/or Internet forums where people who have dyslexia and other print disabilities can discuss programs they use to read print and they may be able to discuss how best to read whatever you want to read.

I'm not saying that you won't decide to look into screen-readers after you try to get information about other means.  I'm saying that I think you are looking at options in the wrong order.  Screen-readers are intended for blind users and don't necessarily do things that you want done or in the way you want them done.

Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 1:27 PM

Cannot read much text without getting ill, but don't need to
navigate the computer.

I think the answers have pretty much covered it, right now
leaning towards something that might be simpler then NVDA.

Might need to learn how to really fine tune Windows Narrator
or learn more about Windows Eyes.

Thanks for the help!