Re: Saving application settings

Hmmm I have used a stable config, I do have app profiles for some stuff but to be honest I have not had a problem.

On 28/03/2016 7:34 a.m., Gene wrote:
As I recall, save configuration settings on exit used to be unchecked by default. I haven't looked for quite awhile. Are people saying that settings are now saved on exit by default? If so, that’s a really bad idea because it may lead to lots of inadvertently saved changes. People may change something intending the change to be temporary and find it unintentionally being saved.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2016 1:25 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Saving application settings

Calling them application settings may lead to confusion as NVDA refers to them as configuration settings. Whether configuration settings are saved on exit or not is governed by the 'Save configuration on exit' check box in the General settings dialog (NVDA+Control+g). If you elect to uncheck this setting, NVDA+Control+c will save the current configuration.

Cheers
Chris
-----Original Message-----
Sent: 27 March 2016 18:56
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Saving application settings

Well unless you change it, it automatically saves on exit.

On 28/03/2016 1:49 a.m., sarabrennan@... wrote:
Does anyone know how to save application settings in NVDA. I find the manual a bit confusing when it comes to this...I believe a profile needs to be created and I would like that it be triggered by a specific application but when do I choose the settings & save?

Thanks

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.