Re: Help me doing this

Gene

I haven't checked to see how the label is written.  So how it is spoken may be determined by what punctuation setting is being used.  I simply think it should be written in such a way that it always reads the same such as punctuation followed by the word and and then the word symbol.  or if this is considered too nonstandard in this age where signs such as slash and the and sign must be used, then internal coding  should be used to cause it to read clearly, whatever someone with vision sees.  I use no punctuation and to be correct, I should hear something like punctuation and symbol or punctuation slash symbol.  From a speech standpoint, I consider punctuation slash symbol to be significantly inferior and unnatural sounding.  .

From: Pete
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2016 1:39 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Help me doing this

  Hi  Gene

  I am not sure I know what you mean.  Are you talking about grammatically correct labeling for controls in nvda or my dropping the slash from the name of the control?  reminds me of calling google chrome chrome.
  Two controls makes more sense to me.
  One control for controlling punctuation
  and
  a second control for controlling symbols
  instead of one combined punctuation and symbol control.
  Pete

On 3/27/2016 1:17 PM, Gene wrote:
Then it should say punctuation and symbol if that is the intended meaning.